Wednesday, September 18, 2013

McCreath addresses question about after-market Motorcycle adjustments

I was recently asked about my thoughts on the act of after-market motorcycle adjustments. After researching the issue, I have come up with the following stance:

--------------------------------------
Thanks for writing. I have to be honest in the fact that I do not know very much about motorcycles. But I have done some research today and feel I can offer a definitive opinion. I think what concerns me the most about this practice would be taking steps to ensure that these type of modifications do not allow the cycles to emit an unnecessary amount of pollution into the environment. I would also raise concern if these modifications allowed the bikes to be extra loud to the point where the noise levels impede the peaceful enjoyment of residents.

I have been unable to find evidence of any formal regulation, and if this is an unregulated matter, it would definitely concern me.

At the same time, I don't want to suggest that we put too much limitations on motorcycle owners to the point that they can't make changes and improvements to their vehicles, that might make them safer.

Ultimately, my goal as a would-be Deputy Mayor, would be to gain more feedback from the public on issues, such as this one, so that I can advocate for a solution that can best-meet the wants and needs of everyone, as well as put in place a system that is in line with global best-practices.

I would love to hear more from you on this issue, if you have any personal stances, opinions, or suggestions, for this matter.

All the best
--------------------------------------
 #nlpoli #sjvotes

No comments: