Saturday, January 19, 2013

McCreath reacts to rumours of an NDP City Hall Takeover

Here is a comment I posted on the Telegram's website today, in reaction to an article that raises awareness to a rumour of a potential planned takeover of St. John's City Hall, by a partisan political party, specifically, the NDP.

"While it is important for City Council to have good rapport with all provincial and federal political parties, we as voters have to be well aware of the impact - specifically the risks and potential conflicts of interest, of allowing provincial and federal partisan politics to impact municipal issues.  When I announce my intentions to run for City Council - and yes, I plan on making a formal announcement soon, I will make it clear that I will not be a member of any provincial or federal political party, so long as I am seeking election to City Council, and/or so long as I sit on city council." Jennifer McCreath

No comments: