Thursday, February 18, 2010

February 18, 2010 - feeling better

one of my doctors thinks i may be dealing with a little clinical depression. this certainly would not surprise me. in addition to feeling down as of late, my exhaustion symptoms may be caused by a clinical chemical imbalance in my brain from depression. the good news is that i am now being treated with antidepressants and they seem to be having a positive affect so far. after just a few days on the meds, i find myself more positive and more motivated to engage in the things that i used to always want to do.

untreated transsexualism often leads to depression, and in my case, the past year has definitely been tough as many of my transitional medical needs have been delayed or outright on hold. antidepressants may be a temporary solution, but ultimately, i need to get thru this transition as soon as possible. otherwise, depression will not go away, in fact, it will get worse. but the good news is that this temporary solution has given me back a bit of my bite. i have regained the passion and the fight from within to carry on with aggressiveness to get whatever i need done, by any means necessary. over the next few months, it will be my intent to reconnect with many LGBT community members that i have alienated. and we will hopefully work together to bring positive change for all.

i ran 9k today (to and from work) and the run went well. not a great sleep last night, so i was too sluggish to hit the pool today, but i plan on swimming tomorrow. i will also plan to have a gentle test with a long run this weekend..

Jenn

2 comments:

Alanna said...

Great to hear things are looking up! The winter months can be though alone, without having to deal with other personal issues. I'm glad things are getting better.

Jennifer McCreath said...

thanks.. it's definitely been a rough year or so for me..