Tuesday, June 9, 2009

June 9, 2009 - rest day, yes i mean it this time.. lol

well, my aggressive 30k yesterday really wore me out.

i managed a slow and sluggish 2.5k run over to yet another doctor appt this morning but that was it for me. this doctor was a psychologist but she is also an expert on medicine/biology, etc.. and she advised me to take it easy for a few days to see if my exhaustion symptoms go away. if not, i will be heading to see the family doc for some tests.

so i am officially reporting that there will be no running for at least 48 hours.. probably no swimming either.. just a few light walks over to the pond.

it's been a cold and rainy day here in st. john's. but the rain appears to have stopped so i think i will have one of those walks tonight and see if there are any creatures over there that are interested in eating some birdseed!

my other big news is that i recently got myself a copy of Andrea James' Finding Your Female Voice training DVD, and i cracked it open for the first time and gave it a watch. this is a follow along step by step training package to help transwomen learn to feminize their voice thru pitch spectorgram exercises. i am excited and scared all at once as i know this is going to be a very slow and challenging project for me that could take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years to perfect. it's going to take 30 minutes of practice literally every day for a long time. at the same time, i will have to be careful not to overdo it as there is risk of vocal chord strain, which is certainly not what i want..

Jennifer

No comments: