Friday, March 20, 2009

March 19, 2009 - restful day

it's been a rough week for me so far as i try to come to terms with losing my job. this entire situation really has me feeling like a failure. it's never a good feeling to be told that you are not wanted or needed. oh well, all i can really do is try to remember the positives from the past two years there. lots of great work was thrown my way and i was told that i did a great job with it. my resume is much stronger than it was 2 years ago, and i can only hope that other prospective employers will recognize the skills, experience, and potential that i could bring to a future role in their office. the job hunt is well under way and i already have an interview lined up for next week for a similar role (policy and planning government job).

2 nights of low sleep left me with minimal energy levels, but the drive was still there and i went for a slow 3k run and 1.15k swim. i think it is very important that i keep myself busy and do little things to make myself feel good and feel a sense of accomplishment each and every day.

Friday will feature a couple of long run segments as i have a doctor appt and a laser appt. so i will be looking at 30-40k! good thing to get the long run in as there is a massive snow storm in the works for saturday so this city may be unrunnable all weekend until they get the snow ploughed.

Jennifer

No comments: