Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March 17 & 18, 2009 - the axe

well, it's been a rather disturbing week for me. the folks at work announced that my contract would not be extended next month, so i find myself in the undesirable position of being an unemployed transsexual. this does not come as a total surprise, but it does come as a disappointment as i was told as recently as last month that the org intended to keep me on indefinitely and that the paper work had been sent in to make the position permanent. i'm really beginning to wonder if it was all a big lie.

oh well, it's a good thing i like challenges and a good thing i am used to change. just another issue to add to my already stacked plate.

it's actually been a good week so far in terms of running and swimming. short runs and swims on tues and wed and the energy levels have been feeling good. 2.75 and 2.5k in the pool the past 2 days and 7.8 and 6.0k running respectively.

this work situation is going to add both pros and cons to my training regime. i will likely have more day time to run and swim; yet i will have to consider my financial situation with regards to travel plans and race registrations. in the coming weeks, i may have to make some tough decisions to cancel certain travel plans.

Jennifer

No comments: