Tuesday, December 16, 2008

December 16, 2008 - Philly!

well, i arrived in Philly yesterday for the big surgery. i booked my flights early to plan in case of weather delays, but i have had 2 really good days here so far as a tourist. Got to take in the NFL game last night, then spent today running around the city as a tourist. Saw the Philly Zoo, the Liberty Bell and the Rocky Statue, among other things. 8k running yesterday and 12k running today. Gives me a nice couple of runs to end my season. Surgery tomorrow morning. not sure if i will get in one more run or not. but it is probable that i won't run until 2009, as recovery is expected to take a while.

Got my official comfirmation from Boston Marathon today. that was really exciting! now i can start booking the trip.

Jenn

1 comment:

cs said...

Good luck with the surgery! I hope everything goes well and that you'll have a quick recovery.