Tuesday, November 11, 2008

November 11, 2008 - a swim to remember!

well, i started my day with a 3.2k run over to the pool, where i spent pretty much the entire day! i swam for 4 hrs and 18 min, practically non-stop. all swimmers took a break at 11 am for a moment of silence to honour the war heros.

my swim was at a slower pace than ever before, but it was a good sign that i am starting to gain a better understanding of my new fitness levels and was able to accurately pace myself to cover 10k, the marathon-equivalent for swimming. i would have carried on for another hours but my arms were really getting sore. too bad, i wanted this to be my first ever 5 hour swim. oh well, i'm sure there will be other chances.

i celebrated my swim with a visit to both Burton Pond and Kent's Pond, where i was greated as usual by many feathered friends!

after a few hours rest, i went out and did another 5k run for good measure! nice to have a full day of athletics, even if i felt exhausted for all of it. proof that it still can be done!

Jennifer

No comments: