Thursday, August 21, 2008

August 21, 2008 - marathon under way.

ok i finally stared another marathon after several days of not running one. i ran 14.3k tonight (to the mall and back) and i will finish the run tomorrow with a 14.3k run to the Dr office and then a 13.6k run to my office. the run tonight was at a slow pace on account my my knee, so the overall running time will likely be in the 4.30 - 4.40 range, and will take place over a total time span of about 22 hours, which will fit consistently with how most of my runs have been.

saturday and sunday will both likely be 42.2k days as well as i think a couple of more beach visits are in order given the nice weather report. this will bring my total to 13 marathons and 2 halfs, in 24 days. i will probably then take the next mon-thurs off and then run 3 more on the aug 29-31 weekend, bringing my overall total to 16, which will represent more than half of my goal, which is darn impressive given my previous monthly record was 7.

sept 1-13 will be taper days as sept 14 is the big one, the Nfld Provincial marathon championship.


another major milestone for me tomorrow - after 2 months of testosterone blockers, estrogen will officially be introduced to my body for the first time, something i will then take every day for the rest of my life. it will be very interesting to see how this affects my running.

Jennifer

No comments: